Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Weight of Glory

Reading the Weight of Glory, I was able to relate to what he was talking about. There have been so many instances where I have found myself asking what God can do for me, and how He can make himself more present in my life. I learned that what I fail to realize is that I can not always be waiting around for God to become present in my life, instead I need to seek God and give Him the glory. When you ask God to become present in your life and for Him to teach you, He WILL aid you. 

We have become content with our own lives, we have learned to settle with what we are given. We fail to realize that there is something so much greater just waiting for us. Lewis described in this writing how we see heaven and how we think heaven is going to be. Heaven is always thought of as jewels, gold, and riches. We learn that heaven is going to be something more than we can even imagine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment